Your home is one of the biggest investments of your life. Give it some care this holiday season with these indoor home maintenance ideas.
1) Clean. Dust and dirt accumulate quickly on flooring, walls, fixtures, sinks, cabinets and tile. If they’re not wiped away regularly, they can cause those surfaces to deteriorate and potentially ruin your investment.
2) Read the labels. Ensure your cleaning products are compatible with the finishes of your furniture and appliances to avoid accidental, yet permanent, damage.
3) Check detectors. Most smoke and carbon monoxide detectors have a test feature. Use it, at least twice a year, to confirm that the alarm still functions and determine whether the batteries need to be changed.
4) Verify fire extinguisher readiness. Prepare for a fire emergency by checking your home’s fire extinguishers. Check the expiration date and replace if necessary. Be sure you have the right kind of extinguisher for the contents of each room.
5) Change the furnace filter. This depends on the type of furnace you have and the type of filter you purchase. Check the filters monthly.
6) Do an inventory. Note what pieces of furniture, appliances and electronics are in each room. Include the make, model, year and value of each item. Snap photos from a few different angles. Put the list and photos in a safe place, away from your home. Or, store the information online.
Of course, even if you diligently perform all of the above, stuff happens. When it does you want to be sure your home insurance covers your expenses and that you have the right people to go to when you may need repairs. That’s where Pykles Remodeling comes in. If you need help with maintaining or repairing your home this winter give Pykles Remodeling and Repairs a jingle and our team will happily service any heating, electrical, gas or plumbing problems you may encounter. We understand that your home is an investment and that it deserves special care and attention.
We wish you a Merry Christmas and many happy moments with family and friends this holiday season.
Our original location on 4611 University Ave. circa 1946.
Pykles Remodeling and Repairs – 8348 Center Drive Ste. A – La Mesa, CA 91942 – (619) 463-1600 p – (619) 668-4683 f – pyklesremodeling.com